The Best Gifts for Triathletes
The Best Gifts for Triathletes rundown is here and your special triathlete is sure to love it! Meanwhile, the holidays are approaching quickly but this list is certainly a great one to save because Christmas isn’t the only gift giving holiday. If you’re not a triathlete yourself, I totally get it. Consequently, it can be quit hard to figure out the perfect gift for your triathlete, am I right? Don’t sweat it (no pun intended), I’ve done the work for you. That is to say, below you’ll find a list of amazing gifts ranging in practicality to even fun and silly.
Also! Don’t forget to also check out our blog Swim Equipment for Dry Land Exercises if you need ideas for gaining swim specific strength. And, if you have a loved who says being in the kitchen is their jam check out the 34 Athlete Kitchen Must-Have Gifts and Gadgets.
Most importantly, shop in the comfort of your own home with eatlovetriathlon‘s list of the best gifts for triathletes. Support the triathlete, swimmer, cyclist or runner in your life with these amazing, creative gifts. No matter your budget, you can’t go wrong with anything off this list, gifts range from wetsuits to stocking stuffers. So, treat your athletic friends and family to a gift you know they’ll enjoy!
(this blog contains affiliate links) With Amazon affiliate links Eat Love Triathlon will earn a small commission on qualifying sales. Above all, know this does not change your user experience in any way. Earning a commission does not sway our recommendations. We list items we either love or would love to try.
Gifts for Triathletes
Because EVERY triathlete deserves to proudly display their hard-earned awards with an awesome medal hanger! This definitely can’t be left off the the best gifts for triathletes list.
For example, here are a few of our favorites.
“Prevention is Better than a Cure”. In other words, no athlete wants to deal with chaffing. Help them have a “smoother” race with Body Glide. What we LOVE about Body Glide Balm, it’s made with allergen free, plant-derived ingredients, vegan approved, never tested on animals and is child safe. This balm is a perfect stocking stuffer gift for triathletes and runners alike.
SAFETY FIRST! Stay safe on your early morning or late night run or ride with Safety Skin. It’s as easy to apply as deodorant, reflects in low light conditions and cleans up with a wet wipe or soap and water. This is a great stocking stuffer for your runner, cyclist or triathlete.
- It’s the art of visibility and the new feel of safety. Swipe some on!
- Running, riding, hiking, or setting out on the adventure of a lifetime? Applied directly to you, bouncing, chafing, irritation, restriction, and wind drag are now worries of the past. Experience unmatched comfort, fashion, and performance in visibility enhancement.
- Thoughtfully formulated with ingredients already proven to be safe on the skin, our hypoallergenic wax base allows natural perspiration during activity, and provides rain and sweat resistance on even your longest adventures.
- Reflectivity on the arms and legs creates a dynamic visual cue, making you more recognizable as human to passing traffic. This biomotion also helps drivers more easily gauge how quickly they’re approaching you.
Does your athlete complain of sore muscles? No athlete should have to suffer with sore muscles. Amp Human is a beloved product by so many.
PR Lotion is the world’s first and only sports lotion that unlocks the natural electrolyte bicarb. Powered by InnerEdge™ technology, PR lotion delivers bicarb directly to the working muscles via the skin. It’s scientifically proven to improve performance and decrease muscle soreness to help you make training gains, faster.
- Groundbreaking skin absorption technology
- Quick to dry
- Safe for sport
- 60 day money back guarantee
- Made in the USA
What a perfect stocking stuffer for your triathlete! A great pair of goggles is a must-have for swimmers and triathletes. In addition to looking fashionable, these AEGEND goggles are shatter-proof, leaf-proof, anti-fog with UV protection.
To become a better swimmer you MUST have swimming toys. They ALL serve a purpose.
The primary objective of the pull buoy is to assist in balancing the lower body in the water. It isolates your torso and arms for a strengthening workout and enables concentration on your pull. All triathletes and swimmers must have this in their collection of swim gear.
Looking for information you can trust on nutrition and fueling but you just don’t know which book to pick. You can stop the searching! Essential Sports Nutrition is the new authoritative reference to eat right for an active lifestyle. Marni Sumbal, MS, RD, CSSD, a board-certified dietitian who specializes in fueling endurance athletes, breaks down the science of nutrition with easy-to-follow explanations on the right things to eat and the right time to eat them. Complete with 24 recipes for before, after, and during exercise, Essential Sports Nutrition is a user-friendly reference on fueling to meet your fullest potential.
Another great triathlon resource from Marni Sumbal.
Maybe you love to run, swam competitively in high school, or enjoy riding your bike. Perhaps you’re looking for a fun, new athletic challenge? Whatever the case is, you’re in the right place. Athlete to Triathlete delivers the ultimate triathlon training plan for Sprint and Olympic races to help you gain the fitness and confidence to complete your first race―and enjoy doing it.
Support your triathlete or your running friends with this running journal. Written by our friend, sports dietitian, amazing Ironman coach and athlete Marni Sumbal. For seasoned triathletes or newbies, this journal allows for tracking runs, weather, time and distance, and goals. This would certainly be a great gift for the runner or triathlete in your life.
The Triathlete’s Training Bible is the bestselling and most comprehensive guide for all triathletes from the aspiring to the experienced. Joe Friel is the most trusted coach in the world and as a result his proven triathlon training program has helped hundreds of thousands find success in the sport of triathlon.
Triathlete magazine is a plethora of information for your special triathlete and for that reason they’re sure to love it. You certainly can’t go wrong with a gift that focuses on everything triathlon including triathlon training, nutrition and lifestyle.
- MAXIMUM SWEAT AND MOISTURE MANAGEMENT – Our signature Olefin fiber is a light-weight, high-performance fiber that wicks moisture and dries quickly, so your feet stay dry and blister-free wherever your adventures take you.
- THIN, BREATHABLE DESIGN – Upper channels and a mesh footbed are thinly knitted for ultimate breathability and ventilation to prevent hotspots and keep your feet cool.
How much fun are these socks! Certainly they’ll keep your cyclist or triathlete warm but they’ll also be lookin’ snazzy.
- Good elastic, suit for mens shoe size 6-11 M, womens shoe size 7-12 M
- Arch Compression, Heel&Toe Construction, Blister Control; Fit your feet better, and the target compression design protect feet muscles.
No more sweaty seats! Every Triathlete NEEDS this product. It’s a must have!
EASY TO USE – Installs & removes in seconds, the slip-resistant backing keeps it in place. It takes just seconds to pull on your Dri Seat Waterproof Seat Cover & then the slip resistant backing keeps it in place while you drive home after a long workout.
After a hard workout, every endurance athlete will certainly love this massage foam roller to help with muscle recovery! Why we love it? It also holds your keys, towel, or other accessories.
Simple ingredients therefore not a lot of junk! Keep your triathlete energized and nourished while giving the taste buds a break from the same ol’ same ol’ with Picky Performance Oatmeal.
Nutritionally balanced with active people in mind. 10 grams all natural protein from oats, chia seeds + nuts (no powders!), and much lower added sugar than conventional instant oatmeals (3-6 grams).
The cup versions are awesome. They’re quick and easy, just add almond milk, microwave and you’re on the go.
I thoroughly enjoy using Picky Bars products during my training and racing. They leave me feeling properly fueled and as a result this has allowed me to work on improving my performance.
With a Picky Club membership, the most noteworthy perks are, you can choose…YOUR favorites. YOUR schedule. Big-time savings. For example, you have the option to build a custom mix of bars, oats, and granola, they’ll deliver it (for free!) every one, two, or three months. Plus… you get a FREE t-shirt!
I’ve been using Aftershokz headphones forever a year and I can’t say enough about them. Because they fit on the outside of my ears I definitely feel much safer on my runs.
- Bone conduction technology and Open Fit design delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to ambient sounds for maximum situational awareness during long-term wear.
- Bluetooth v4. 2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing compatible with your iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready smartphones.
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge, or 20 days of standby time. Charges in 2 hours.
What athlete doesn’t want to keep their liquids cold, especially on a hot day? As a result, having cold liquids can be so much more refreshing and enjoyable. A triathlete can NEVER own too many bottles.
- The CamelBak Podium Ice Insulated Water Bottle is infused with Aerogel Insulation, which has been added to keep water cold four times longer than other squeeze water bottles.
Again…it’s all about keeping your triathlete safe on the roads and giving loved ones peace of mind. Therefore, this is a MUST HAVE for every athlete.
- Engraved and assembled in Kentucky, USA. Lifetime guarantee. If you don’t love it, you don’t pay for it. We got your back.
- It simply slides right onto your already existing Apple Sport band.
- Personalized ID Bracelet allows you to include info such as your name, emergency contact numbers, and medical info.
- ROAD iD helps save lives and provide priceless peace of mind by telling First Responders how best to care for you in the event of an emergency.
Finis Slide Dryland Swimming Resistance Bands are “must have” swim equipment for land-based swimming exercises.
Some of the benefits of using resistance bands for your triathlon training swim workout are:
- Ease of Use
In addition, these inexpensive exercise tools are a convenient option for triathletes of any age and fitness level. Resistance band exercises are surprisingly effective and consequently offer a ton of benefits to help build upper body swim strength.
If you need more dryland gift ideas checkout or Swim Equipment for Dry Land Exercises blog.
This compact and lightweight swim buoy is a perfect gift for your triathlete friend. Above all, safety is the top priority in the water. The bright yellow buoy is visible to others and creates a safe place to float and rest. This makes great gifts for triathletes, swimmers, kayakers, and paddleboarders.
Who knows a type A triathlete and as a result LOVES to stay organized? This is probably one of the best gifts to keep your triathlete organized with day-to-day workouts as well as races. For that reason, they’ll certainly appreciate this one.
Above all, organization is key when it comes to keeping track of swim, bike and run gear! For example, a high quality triathlon bag can do just that with all the pockets, compartments and bottle holders. Check out the description…
Engineered for superior durability, the popular Transition Bag features multiple zippered pockets, two side water bottle holders, a generous center compartment and waterproof zippered bottom pouch to store wetsuits or shoes. New side straps and reflectivity allows for easy transportation, storage and high visibility.
Every athlete, especially every triathlete needs a plethora of running shoes and triathlon sports apparel not only for training but for racing too. As a result you can never go wrong when you add something fun to their sports wardrobe.
Find Triathlete Sports Clearance items here – Clearance
Also, check out Triathlon Sports apparel here – Triathlon Apparel
For quick and easy transition in T-2 these Lock Laces will shave time off of your transition time. Lots of colors to choose from. Great for kids and adults.
A proper bike fit is essential for optimal performance, efficiency, injury prevention and comfort on the bike. Furthermore, it will provide a rider with the most economic means of expending energy. Karel Sumbal with TriMarni Coaching and Nutrition is one of the best in the business. If you live in the Southeast it will be well worth the drive to Greenville, South Carolina to see Karel.
Don’t let weather or time keep your athlete from riding! This smart trainer is an ideal gift for the cyclist or triathlete in your world to keep them not only in shape but most importantly right on track with their training.
- Advanced Direct drive Technology for the top rated bicycle Trainer brand in the world
- Innovative electro-magnetic resistance provides instant resistance and maximum watts for your ride
- Connects with all virtual Trainer apps and software that are supported through BLE and ANT+
- Designed and manufactured in Madison, WI
- Lifetime warranty
What the?!?! First of all, no this doesn’t build things and belong in the garage. I had to add this deep tissue massager to the gift list after trying a similar product at the Ironman Chattanooga tent. And P.S. I finally bought one!
Handheld Percussion Deep Tissue Massager for Sore Muscle and Stiffness, 6 Speed High-Intensity Vibration, Quick Rechargeable Device, 4 Massage Heads & Portable Bag Included.
There are SO MANY fun recovery tools on the market but I think this is the ultimate for recovery that every triathlete dreams of owning. NormaTec is the best in the business when it comes to recovery boots.
- Recover faster and boost circulation
- Reduce pain and soreness
- Like a personal, on-call massage therapist
- Fully connected mobile app
Does your athlete have a home gym or maybe they’re looking to put one together. Invest in the same fitness equipment found in the best health clubs. Join the millions who use Life Fitness equipment at home.
Free shipping and installation.
During the winter months give your athlete the option to stay indoors when it’s extra cold or icy outside. Get that run done with this folding MaxKare Treadmill, it will do the trick.
Check out wetsuits, swimskins, bags and accessories for your favorite triathlete.
Your triathlete will be thanking you for anything from Blue Seventy as a gift. Wetsuits not only will keep your athlete warm, in addition it will also provide buoyancy for the smoothest, most natural rotation.
Finally, whether you’re doing an Ironman, Half Ironman, Olympic Triathlon or a Sprint Triathlon this is the ultimate endurance athlete gift! That is to say, every triathlete, beginner or seasoned can use this practical BUT AWESOME gift!
- [GARMIN FORERUNNER 935 TRI-BUNDLE] – Garmin Forerunner 935 (Amp Yellow Band) GPS Multi-Sport Running Watch, HRM-Tri Chest Strap, HRM-Swim Chest Strap, Extra QuickFit (22mm) Silicone Band (Black) & USB Charging Cable
- ULTIMATE TRIATHLON BUNDLE] – Prepare for your next triathlon with the HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim chest heart rate monitors plus Forerunner 935’s incredible training metrics
- ADVANCED RUNNING METRICS & MULTI-SPORT ACTIVITY PROFILES] – Detailed metrics including running dynamics, wrist-based heart rate, training status, lactate threshold, VO2 max & many more; Custom activity profiles for running (indoor/outdoor/trail), cycling (indoor/outdoor), swimming (pool/open water), skiing, paddle sports, hiking & more.
Whew!!! Now, there you have my most noteworthy BEST gifts for triathletes not only for the holiday season but any gift giving occasion. Because triathletes are always needing or wanting to add to their collection any gift off the above list will win them over.
As a result, use this list for some inspiration and above all have a blast shopping!
Also, if you have any great gift ideas that I’ve missed let me know and I’ll add them to the top triathlon gifts list.
UNLOCK YOUR ATHLETIC POTENTIAL
MEET YOUR POWER TEAM
Dietitian Kathleen and Kona-Qualifier Don Oswalt
Welcome to Eat Love Triathlon! We’re Don and Kathleen your go-to dietitian and triathlete. Together, we’re here to share our latest and greatest tips, with you, on how to be a well-balanced triathlete with nutrition, triathlon and keeping harmony in your relationships. We’re excited you’ve stopped by, happy reading and don’t be shy about reaching out. We’d love to hear from you!