The 34 Athlete Kitchen Must-Have Gifts and Gadgets list is here right in time for the holidays and your plant based athlete is sure to love everything!
Yup, it’s that time of year again and it’s fast approaching. In the blink of an eye the holidays will be here and gone. Don’t let them sneak up on you this year, start your shopping early!
Do you have a plant-based athlete on your holiday shopping list this year? Are you racking your brain for ideas but you’re not sure what to surprise them with? Helping your plant based triathlete create a solid foundation of kitchen “must-haves” is always a winner.
I’ve taken the guesswork out for you so you don’t have to sweat a thing. You have 34 athlete gift ideas to choose from.
The following culinary tools have helped me level-up my plant based nutrition. I have “most” of the following items in my kitchen and love them all and I know they’ll help make plant-based meal prep just that much easier for your triathlete.
So sit back and relax and shop right from home with our extensive list of athlete kitchen gifts and gadgets. I hope you have as much fun shopping as I had putting this list together.
And, no matter what your budget is we’re certain you can find something awesome from high end gifts to fun stocking stuffers!
(this blog contains affiliate links) With Amazon affiliate links Eat Love Triathlon will earn a small commission on qualifying sales. Above all, know this does not change your user experience in any way. Earning a commission does not sway our recommendations. We list items we either love or would love to try.
Amazon Best Bread Markers
- Who hasn’t jumped on the breadmaking bandwagon? Having a bread maker allows your athlete to create delicious and nutritious breads that include a variety of ingredients from sprouted grains, to nuts and seeds to dried fruits. It can look intimidating but it’s super easy to use, just add your ingredients, select your cycle and press start. This is a fun kitchen appliance that your athlete is sure to have fun with. The top 3 bread makers mentioned are durable, include a variety of settings and have an easy-to-remove pan for easy cleaning.
KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor with Exact Slice System
- I never knew I missed this until I was finally gifted one. I will NEVER go without one ever again. This KitchenAid food processor is an amazing gift for the plant based triathlete. It allows you to create so many amazing meals including plant based burger recipes, energy bites, salad dressings and dips and spreads. Your athlete is sure to love you for this gift.
Cuisinart 4-Cup Food Chopper
- I was recently gifted this “smaller” sized 4-cup food chopper and it works great. I use it to chop or grind nuts, make oat flour, dressings, salsa and any other job that I’m not making large quantities of. It’s easy to clean, just wipe it down and pop the container and blade in the dishwasher. This is a great “smaller version” of a large food processor for your athlete kitchen.
Cuisinart Box Grater
- This boxed grater is so easy to use and has 4 different options to slice, grate and/or shred a variety of foods. Using a grater isn’t just for grating cheese. Nope, when you’re eating plant based it’s a great tool to grate fruit like apples and veggies like cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, sweet potatoes and the list goes on. This is definitely a must-have! I use this grater in my kitchen and love it.
Spring Chef Magnetic Measuring Spoon Set
- LOVING these magnetic measuring spoons. What an awesome stocking stuffer. These spoons are heavy duty, stainless steel that will last a lifetime…literally. They come with a lifetime warranty. Plus, did you see I mentioned they are magnetic. Now it’s easier than ever to keep all your spoons organized, together in one place. PLUS…they are double sided so you can use one side for wet ingredients and the other for dry ingredients. It’s a toofer!
OXO Measure Cups with Magnetic Snaps
- Every kitchen needs at least one good set of measuring cups but really you need more than that. My kitchen has 3 sets of measuring cups and I use them ALL! This OXO magnetic measuring cup set should be on everyone’s kitchen essentials list.
Bayco Glass Food Storage Containers
- These containers make plant-based meal prep that much easier for your athlete. Having a variety of sizes and shapes to choose from is great for storing leftovers or packing lunches, storing meal prep or even packing food for a picnic. These containers are safe in the microwave, refrigerator, freezer or even dishwasher. The biggest BONUS is they are leak proof. Moving to more glass containers versus plastic is another way to help maintain our environment that your athlete loves to race in.
Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade
- This is the perfect gift for your athlete to whip up so many different varieties of vitamix smoothies. It’s a quick and easy way for your athlete to fuel their body with just the right ingredients to leave them feeling strong and powerful. But I can’t stop there…your athlete can also create delicious plant-based recipes including soups, sauces, frozen desserts, non-dairy milks and nut butters and so much more.
Walnut Cutting Board by Mevell
- Having a high quality cutting board is a must-have culinary tool. Your plant based triathlete can’t go without one. Wood is my favorite because it’s not only durable and long-lasting but it’s considered much more sanitary than plastic and it will help keep knives sharper longer.
This board comes treated and ready-to-use BUT will need to be treated from time to time with seasoning oil to keep it in tip-top shape.
Food Grade Mineral Oil for Cutting Boards, Countertops and Butcher Blocks – Food Safe and Made in the USA
Henckels Forged Starter Knives – 3 piece set
- Having a stocked athlete kitchen with a few really good quality knives is a must! Having sharp knives will make your athletes plant-based meal prep so much easier and actually allow them to work faster. Between swimming, biking, running, work, family and friends your triathlete is always looking to cut time where they can, right?
Eco Friendly Magnetic Knife Holder
- If your athlete has a small kitchen with even less counter space this is an awesome gift to get the knives off the counter and onto the wall. This bamboo magnetic knife holder is a great way to organize sharp knives.
Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
- Another athlete kitchen must-have! In my opinion cast iron skillets were for cooking meat and as a plant-based eater I always thought “well, why would I need one?”. Everyone NEEDS this pan. It’s an amazing pan for cooking up veggies, baked goods, saucy beans, plant based casseroles, pasta and the list goes on. One of the perks of using a cast iron skillet is the small amount of iron it provides your endurance athlete via the foods cooked in it.
RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
- I have these metal mixing bowls and LOVE them. They should be on your athletes kitchen essentials list for 2020/2021. If your athlete doesn’t have a good set of mixing bowls this is a must have athlete gift. They are durable, light-weight compared to glass mixing bowls, deep and wide and I really like how they nest for efficient storage.
Rachael Ray EVOO Oil Dispenser
- This is an added bonus to have in your kitchen. It’s fun AND it’s also practical. No more leaky oil bottle making a mess inside your cupboard. It makes pouring olive oil so much easier. PLUS, it’s an easy clean. Just toss it in the dishwasher, super easy.
Ecowaare Set of 15 Reusable Mesh Produce Bags
- I LOVE my mesh produce bags for so many different reasons but the biggest…it’s one simple way to help decrease the use of plastic produce bags and give Mother Nature a break. All the things that are awesome about these bags…they’re easy to clean, zero waste, come in a variety of sizes and they’re just SUPER COOL. These are a great stocking stuffer idea for your triathlete.
Anpro Reusable Food Storage Bags
- This is another amazing way for your athlete to be kind to the environment they love to race in. These reusable “ziplock” bags come in a variety of sizes to store a variety of foods from snacks to veggies and fruits to leftovers. They have received some amazing reviews on Amazon for value, durability, and for their ease to keep clean and store. These are just another fun stocking stuffer idea.
Zesproka Garlic Press
- Who doesn’t love garlic? But having to mince it is time consuming. Help your athlete not only save time in the kitchen with this garlic press but also create easy plant based meals. The great thing about this culinary tool is that it will also crush and mince ginger and crush and crack various nuts and seeds. It’s one tool with multiple uses!
CUCUMI 30 Piece Glass Spice Jars with Labels
- Spices are essential in your plant based athlete’s kitchen. Spices not only help create tasty meals BUT certain spices can also help decrease inflammation from all that training and racing. Help your athlete get their spice drawer or rack ultra organized with these cool spice jars AND labels too.
Longzon Collapsible Silicone Colanders
- These colanders are not only a must have in the kitchen BUT they’re also super practical when it comes to saving space. Two different sizes work well for both small and big jobs. They’re great for your athletes plant-based meal prep, draining pastas, potatoes and veggies.
Hiware Glass Fruit Infuser Water Pitcher
- Staying hydrated can be a struggle for so many people including triathletes. This water/fruit infuser pitcher is a fun way to keep liquids tasty, interesting and satisfying. It encourages your athlete to drink and it makes staying hydrated so much easier.
Nija Coffee Bar Auto-iQ
- This Ninja Coffee Bar is just that! It offers six sizes from a single cup (eco-friendly, pod free) to a travel mug to a full carafe of coffee AND different brew options. Plus, it even has a milk (plant-based) frother. What a fun way to wake up each morning for your coffee loving athlete.
Chef’n Nut Milk Maker
- If your plant based triathlete loves making their own plant-based milks this is a great gadget to help with that. This glass carafe is a 3-in-1; you can soak the nuts, strain the milk and store the milk all in this one carafe. It includes a spill-proof lid and it’s dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. This makes the athlete’s job so much simpler.
EZ Tofu Press
- It can get tedious trying to press your tofu between paper towels and plates and still never get enough liquid out. Using a tofu press helps remove a significant amount of water leaving your athlete with a product that will provide better flavor and texture. Bonus…this product is made in the USA.
- This is a fun culinary tool to make plant based eating much more interesting. Your athlete can get creative with a variety of plant based dinner ideas using spiralized carrots, beets, zucchini, carrots, cassava, cucumber, bell pepper, parsnips, onion, sweet potato and the list really goes on and on. This spiralizer comes with 7 different blades AND an Ebook full of recipes. If you’ve got a creative athlete on your hands this is a fun gift.
Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1
- The instant pot combines 7 appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, saute pan, yogurt maker and warmer – and cooks up to 70% faster. It can be a little intimidating at first BUT once you get the hang of it, well it can become your best friend. This is a great gift for your athlete to be able to get some meal prep and batch cooking done before the busy week gets started. Being able to meal prep, batch cook and prepare plant based instant pot recipes faster decreases the amount of time they’re spending in the kitchen and it ensures they’ve got some good healthy foods ready in the refrigerator to nourish and fuel their athlete body.
Crock-Pot 6 Quart Cook & Carry
- A slow cooker is a great gift idea for your busy triathlete. This tool allows your athlete to just set the timer and leave it. Again, one of those kitchen appliances that I thought was really made for meat recipes but no! Your athlete can make all sorts of plant-based recipes from curries, stews, chilis and soups, vegetable broth, rice dishes and so much more.
Ultrean Air Fryer
- Okay, this is ALL the rage right now! Your triathlete can now enjoy their favorite fried foods WITHOUT all the extra fat and grease. This air fryer is not only a fryer but it can also grill, roast and bake oldie but goodie favorites. This is a fun kitchen gadget to create some new favorites like crispy buffalo tofu!
OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
- Did you know that for your salad dressing to stick to the lettuce it has to be dry? Using a salad spinner is a great way to get as much of the water off your salad leaves as possible. It won’t dry them but it makes your lettuce much less water logged and heavy, extending the life of your lettuce and making it that much easier for the salad dressing to stick. This is on my future purchase list!
Zulay Premium Quality Lemon Squeezer, Citrus Juicer
- I LOVE my juicer! It helps me get every last drop of lemon or lime juice into the meal I’m preparing. I waited so long to purchase one and I have no idea why because I use my manual juice press almost everyday. This juicer is sturdy, dishwasher safe and if you’re not satisfied the company will provide a replacement or a refund. It’s a no brainer. This is another great stocking stuffer that your athlete is sure to love.
Chef’s Path Airtight Food Storage Containers – 7 Piece Set
- Just like organized spices, who doesn’t LOVE an organized pantry? These food storage containers are an awesome athlete gift. They can use them to organize and store their healthy plant foods like pastas, grains, beans and legumes and nuts and seeds. When you can see what’s in the pantry it helps save on your grocery bill (so you’re not buying double) and it helps cut down time spent in the kitchen.
Anchor Hocking Glass Baking Dish – Set of 2
- Glass baking dishes are perfect for your athlete to create their favorite plant based breakfast recipes like baked blueberry oatmeal, breakfast burrito bake and vegan breakfast casserole. This is a set of 2 glass baking dishes that are durable and can stand up to the microwave, a heated oven, refrigerator, freezer AND they’re dishwasher safe.
WOW!!! That’s a wrap. We made it through the 34 Athlete Must-Have Kitchen Gifts and Gadgets list perfect for your triathlete looking to level up their plant based athlete kitchen. Save this list because it’s not just a great holiday gift giving list but it’s a great list to refer back to for any gift giving occasion.
Use this list for inspiration and have so much fun shopping! You might even find something off this list that you need for your kitchen.
If you have a favorite kitchen tool that I’ve left off this list, let me know below in the comments. I’d love to hear what you have in your kitchen.
UNLOCK YOUR ATHLETIC POTENTIAL
MEET YOUR POWER TEAM
Dietitian Kathleen and Kona-Qualifier Don Oswalt
Welcome to Eat Love Triathlon! We’re Don and Kathleen your go-to dietitian and triathlete. Together, we’re here to share our latest and greatest tips, with you, on how to be a well-balanced triathlete with nutrition, triathlon and keeping harmony in your relationships. We’re excited you’ve stopped by, happy reading and don’t be shy about reaching out. We’d love to hear from you!